Landlord and Rental Home Insurance
If you had a choice would you want to try to fit a square peg into a round hole? Probably not. At Foremost, they don't fit square pegs in round holes, they make specific spots just for you.
Your rental property isn't standard and your insurance policy shouldn't be either. You want coverage that will take care of the things that matter to you as a landlord. Foremost specializes in landlord and rental insurance and understands what's important to landlords. Western Star can help you choose the Foremost policy you want for your rental property.
Foremost has you covered:
- Choices! As a landlord you can choose a package that fits your rental property or create your own customized policy. You choose what fits your situation.
- Comprehensive Property Coverage. This means we cover most direct, sudden and accidental physical losses that aren't specifically excluded in your policy (fire, explosion, lightning, windstorm and hail damage).
- Optional Replacement Cost. If purchased, provides a settlement that reflects the cost to replace the damaged property with new property at today's prices. With this optional coverage a policyholder receives up to 120% of the insured amount, if needed, to replace the home. (Not available in all states.)
- Liability Coverage. This provides coverage if you're found legally responsible for an accident that causes injury or property damage to someone, unless excluded.
- Actual Cash Value. In the event of a covered loss, this covers the cost to replace or repair your damaged property, with a deduction for depreciation, which reflects the age and condition of your home.
- Agreed Loss Settlement. If your home is destroyed by an insured loss, you receive the full amount of insurance stated on the Declarations page for your home (minus any applicable deductible). No hassles.
- Extended Replacement Cost. You can receive an additional 25% of the insured amount, to repair or replace your home! (Not available in all states.)
- We also offer choices to help protect you as a landlord:
- Loss of Rents
- Liability limits
- Personal Injury
- Other Structure
- Repair Cost
- Water Damage from Sewers and Drains
New! Foremost offers a Platinum Package for Landlords in many states. This package offers a number of additional enhancements that will benefit you. Ask your agent about the Platinum Package!
Does Foremost insure you?
Foremost specializes in landlord and rental insurance. Here are some examples of the types of homes that our program covers:
- Duplexes, triplexes and quads
- Converted Victorians
- Row homes
- Properties with up to four living units
- Older and lower-value homes
- Homes with minimal cosmetic conditions
- Vacant homes
- Properties under renovation
- Vacation rental homes, which are defined as dwellings that are non-owner-occupied and rented to others for temporary habitational or vacation purposes (daily, weekly or monthly), not to exceed five consecutive months by one tenant.
Foremost offers flexible payment plans, including pay online, by mail or electronic funds transfer. Keep in mind that higher deductibles can help lower the cost of your premium.
If you purchase your National Flood Insurance Program policy through Western Star, we can help you make sure that your home and your belongings have the coverage you want in the event of a flood.
Your rental property isn't standard and your insurance policy shouldn't be either. With over 60 years of experience, Foremost is a smart choice. A Foremost Landlord/Rental policy can cover you so you can continue to relax.
|What If?||Other Companies/Policy with Minimal Coverage||Foremost Landlord/Rental Policy|
|What if I own and rent out two different houses, one in great condition and the other is a work-in-progress?||Other companies may not take the home that is in less than ideal condition.||Foremost specializes in non-standard and non-preferred rentals as well as homes in great condition.|
|What if I want to pick and choose my coverages?||You may have to fit into whatever policy the other insurance company has.||Foremost offers flexibility with you in mind. You can choose to design your own policy or choose one of our packages.|
|What if I'm a member of the Landlord Association and use a Property Management Company?||Other companies may give you a high-five.||With Foremost you may qualify for discounts for being a member of the Landlord Association or using a Property Management Company, just to name a few.|
|What if I have 8 rental homes that I want to insure?||You may have different policies, different payment dates and a lot of different hassles with other companies.||With Foremost, we can write all your rental homes on one policy, no hassle—one policy, one payment.|
Get a Quote
You can count on the experienced, friendly staff at Western Star Insurance to help you with your insurance purchase. We're looking forward to serving you. Request a no-obligation estimate.
Get a quote by phone
Please call us toll-free at 1-800-545-8608.
Our hours are:
Monday–Friday, 8am to 8pm, EST
Get an online quote
Complete and submit an online form for a no-obligation insurance premium estimate.
Availability: Foremost Landlord programs are offered in many, but not all states at this time. Programs and coverages can vary among states. To qualify for coverage, homes must meet state-specific eligibility guidelines. Please contact us to receive full details.
About the coverages described on this site: Your insurance contract is contained only in your policy, not in this website. Your insurance protection may vary from the coverages described here, depending on the standard coverages included in your policy and the optional coverages you purchase. Credit is used in some states for underwriting or rating as allowed by state law.
*Coverage may not be available in all areas.
What we insure
Road and Travel
- Motor Home
- Travel Trailer
- Luxury Motor Coach
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicle