Off-Road Vehicle Insurance
Do you jump on your dirt bike when you wake up, drive it down the stairs to your kitchen and grab some coffee? We hope not. Then why would you insure your off-road vehicle (ORV) with a policy meant for your home?
Don't let your adventures get cut short because you didn't get the right coverage for your ride! Your homeowners or auto policy may not adequately cover your ORV. Let Western Star help you choose the Foremost coverages you want for your ORV, so you can go out and enjoy the trail.
Foremost has you covered:
- Safety Apparel Coverage. This provides up to $1,500 in coverage for damage to any clothing designed to minimize damage from an accident, including helmets and goggles.
- Optional Equipment Coverage. Foremost includes $500 for optional equipment coverage, depending on your policy. This covers any "extras" added to your ride, including towable trailers or sleds made for use with your ORV.
- Annual Policies. If the trail is calling, you don't want to miss it. No calls, no hassle—with our annual policy you're insured even in the "off-season."
- Medical Payments Coverage. Hopefully never needed, but always important with off-road vehicle insurance, this coverage pays for the necessary medical care you receive as a result of an off-road vehicle accident.
- Liability Coverage. This broad coverage is meant for accidents involving your ORV (coverage is for third-party injuries and property damage).
- Increased Limits. You can choose the limits that you want on your liability.
- Collision Coverage. Regardless of who is at fault, this covers your ORV in the event of damage caused by collision with other vehicles and trees or utility poles.
- Other than Collision Coverage. Provides coverage for out of the ordinary damages, such as fire, theft, flood or vandalism.
- Trailer Coverage. Provides coverage for a specifically designed trailer to transport your ORV (trailers valued up to $7,500).
Does Foremost insure you?
A Foremost policy covers all kinds of rides: Dirt bike, dune buggy, golf cart, ATV (standard, sport and utility) and 2, 4, 6, or 8-wheel. Let Western Star help you choose the Foremost coverages you want for your ride.
Foremost offers flexible payment plans, including pay online, by mail or electronic funds transfer. Keep in mind that higher deductibles can help lower the cost of your premium.
Trusting your off-road vehicle to a homeowners policy may bring you an unpleasant surprise at claim time. That's why we are here to tell you that a Foremost off-road vehicle policy, beyond your homeowners policy, can cover you so you can continue to ride the trails.
|What If?||No insurance/Added to your Homeowners Policy||Foremost ORV policy|
|What if I am in an accident on my ORV and incur medical costs for myself?||With a typical homeowners policy, your medical costs would not be covered.||A Foremost policy offers medical payments coverage, which will typically pay your medical costs, up front.|
|What if I'm driving down the road and my ORV slides off my trailer?||Wave it goodbye as it slides down the road. Your typical homeowners policy may not cover this loss.||Say hello to a comparable replacement. With a Foremost ORV policy, your ride could be replaced or repaired.|
|What if my ORV is stolen?||This may not be covered by a typical homeowners policy. You may be replacing your ORV yourself.||A Foremost ORV policy could typically cover a full replacement.|
|What if I injure someone with my ORV?||A typical homeowners policy may not cover any medical costs; you would be financially responsible for the costs!||A Foremost ORV policy could cover most of the costs incurred, saving you money.|
Get a Quote
You can count on the experienced, friendly staff at Western Star Insurance to help you with your insurance purchase. We're looking forward to serving you. Request a no-obligation estimate.
Get a quote by phone
Please call us toll-free at 1-800-545-8608.
Our hours are:
Monday–Friday, 8am to 8pm, EST
Get an online quote
Complete and submit an online form for a no-obligation insurance premium estimate.
Availability: Foremost Off-Road Vehicle insurance is available only in the United States and in all states except Hawaii, Massachusetts and the District of Columbia. In Massachusetts, only ORV and snowmobile policies are available. Please note that coverages and coverage amounts vary by state and all coverages may not be available in all areas.
About the coverages described on this site: Your insurance contract is contained only in your policy, not in this website. Your insurance protection may vary from the coverages described here, depending on the standard coverages included in your policy and the optional coverages you purchase. Credit is used in most states for underwriting or rating as allowed by state law.
*Coverage may not be available in all areas.
What we insure
Road and Travel
- Motor Home
- Travel Trailer
- Luxury Motor Coach
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicle