Motor Home Insurance
Do you drive your motor home down to the local coffee shop and back? Probably not. Then why would you insure your rig with a policy meant for an everyday automobile?
Don't let your fun be interrupted with worry. Your auto or homeowners policy may not adequately cover your Motor Home. Let Western Star help you choose the Foremost coverages you want for your rig.
Foremost has you covered:
- Comprehensive Coverage. This is included with our motor home policies and is not usually included in your typical auto policy. This provides protection from just about any direct, sudden, and accidental loss, including: collision, fire, smoke, floods, landslides, hail, windstorms, animals, vandalism, low branches or overhangs, theft and lightning. We also include Coverage for Attached Accessories, including awnings, satellite dishes, TV antennas and more.
Some coverages are optional and subject to company approval or may not be available in all states.
- Total Loss Replacement Coverage. This option can save you literally thousands of dollars when compared to typical auto policies, which pay only the Actual Cash Value of your motor home at the time it's destroyed. The Foremost coverage protects from the effects of depreciation. If your new-model motor home is destroyed within its first five model years, and you're the original owner, we'll pay to replace it with a brand new one of similar kind and quality. In years six through ten, we'll give you up to what you originally paid for it toward the purchase of another motor home.
- Emergency Expenses Coverage. Pays for lodging or travel home if your rig is damaged or destroyed by a covered loss more than 50 miles from home.
- Replacement Cost Coverage for Personal Property. More than a typical auto or homeowners policy, this covers your personal belongings that are destroyed or stolen.
- Towing and Roadside Assistance from TraveLine® eliminates the hassle of buying a separate towing plan. Towing, jump starts, roadside service, flat tire chargeschanges, fuel delivery, and locksmith service are just a toll-free phone call away. There are no out-of-pocket payments required, either. Just sign and drive. What's more, your motor home is covered, regardless of who is driving or where you are in the US or Canada.
- Campsite/Vacation Liability Coverage. Provides liability coverage when you are parked and using your motor home as a residence, typically seasonally or weeks at a time.
- Full-Timer Coverage. This is a coverage very similar to a homeowners policy. This option covers you when you are parked and using your motor home as a residence, typically for extended periods of time.
Does Foremost insure you?
A Foremost policy covers an extensive range of motor homes; older, newer, and different makes and models. Let us help you choose the Foremost policy you want for your rig.
Foremost offers flexible payment plans, including pay online, by mail or electronic funds transfer. Keep in mind that higher deductibles can help lower the cost of your premium.
Trusting your rig or your personal belongings on the road to an auto or homeowners policy may bring you an unpleasant surprise at claim time. That's why we are here to tell you that a motor home policy, beyond your auto or homeowners insurance, can cover you so the journey can continue.
|What If?||Added to your Homeowners/
|Specialized Motor Home Policy|
|What if something is stolen from my motor home, such as jewelry, DVD player, or clothing?||Typically they are not going to cover these personal belongings. Homeowners policies typically place strict limits on off-premises coverage and require a sizable deductible to be paid first.||Foremost provides optional comprehensive coverage for personal belongings and in most cases don't require a deductible. This way you can take your valuables with you on the road and be covered.|
|What if I think my motor home is essentially the same thing as a private passenger auto?||How many cars carry 100 pounds of LP gas and 300 gallons of water while they're traveling down the road? How many cars have built-in ovens? Enough said.||A Foremost policy provides specialized coverages to make sure you are covering exactly what you want.|
|What if my motor home breaks down and I am stranded?||A typical auto policy may not pay for housing while you are waiting, or extra travel expenses to get you home.||A Foremost policy offers outstanding emergency expense coverage. We will pay for temporary housing and travel expenses to get you home. We will even pay to transport your damaged motor home to your home, a repair center, or a storage facility.|
|What if my awning and satellite dish blows off during a storm?||You would wave goodbye to them as they blow away. An auto policy may not cover this sort of loss.||This coverage is included in every Foremost motor home policy. Your awning and satellite dish could be back in no time.|
Get a Quote
You can count on the experienced, friendly staff at Western Star Insurance to help you with your insurance purchase. We're looking forward to serving you. Request a no-obligation estimate.
Get a quote by phone
Please call us toll-free at 1-800-545-8608.
Our hours are:
Monday–Friday, 8am to 8pm, EST
Get an online quote
Complete and submit an online form for a no-obligation insurance premium estimate.
Availability: Foremost Motor Home policies are available only in the United States and in all states except Hawaii, Massachusetts and the District of Columbia. Please note that policies, coverages and coverage amounts vary by state and all coverages may not be available in all areas.
About the coverages described on this site: Your insurance contract is contained only in your policy, not in this website. Your insurance protection may vary from the coverages described here, depending on the standard coverages included in your policy and the optional coverages you purchase. Credit may be used in some states for underwriting as allowed by state law.
*Coverage may not be available in all areas.
What we insure
Road and Travel
- Motor Home
- Travel Trailer
- Luxury Motor Coach
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicle