Seasonal Home Insurance
Do you want to cover your vacation home with a policy that isn't quite right? Probably not. Then why go with a company that doesn't specialize in seasonal home insurance?
Your seasonal home isn't standard and your insurance policy shouldn't be either. You need specialized coverage that will take care of the things that matter to you. Foremost specializes in seasonal home insurance and understands seasonal homes. Let Western Star help you choose the Foremost policy you want for your seasonal home.
Foremost has you covered:
- Choices! You can choose a package you want for your seasonal home or vacation property or create your own customized policy.
- No Primary Residence Requirement. Unlike other companies, Foremost doesn't require that your primary residence be insured with us in order to insure your seasonal or secondary property.
- Comprehensive Property Coverage. This means we cover most direct, sudden and accidental physical losses that aren't specifically excluded in your policy.
- Named Peril Coverage. This means that we cover "perils" (fire, explosion, lightning, windstorm and hail damage) which are specifically named in your policy, subject to policy exclusions and conditions.
- Liability Coverage. This provides coverage if you're found legally responsible for an accident that causes injury or property damage to someone, unless excluded.
- Actual Cash Value. In the event of a covered loss, this covers the cost to replace or repair your damaged property, with a deduction for depreciation, which reflects the age and condition of your home.
- Agreed Loss Settlement. If your home is destroyed by an insured loss, you receive the full amount of insurance for your home (minus any applicable deductible). No hassles.
- Optional Replacement Cost. If purchased, provides a settlement that reflects the cost to replace the damaged property with new property at today's prices. With this optional coverage a policyholder receives up to 120% of the insured amount, if needed, to replace the home. (Not available in all states.)
- Extended Replacement Cost. You can receive up to 25% of the insured amount, to repair or replace your home! (Not available in all states.)
- We also offer choices for:
- Replacement Cost coverage on personal property
- Additional coverage for jewelry, watches and furs
- Business property and liability
- High liability limits
Does Foremost insure you?
Foremost specializes in seasonal home insurance policies. Lots of homes don't qualify for "standard" or "preferred" homeowners insurance for many different reasons. Foremost specializes in homes that may not qualify elsewhere, including seasonal or secondary properties, as well as properties in rural areas. Let Western Star help you choose the Foremost policy you want for your seasonal home.
Foremost also insures vacation rental homes, which are defined as a dwelling which is non-owner-occupied and rented to others for temporary habitational or vacation purposes, not to exceed five consecutive months by one tenant. Check out our vacation rental homes under landlord and rental home insurance.
Foremost offers flexible payment plans, including pay on-line, by mail or electronic funds transfer. Keep in mind that higher deductibles can help lower the cost of your premium.
If you purchase your National Flood Insurance Program policy through Western Star, you'll have a personal, professional agent helping you make sure that your home and your belongings have the coverage you want in the event of a flood.
Your seasonal home isn't standard and your insurance policy shouldn't be either. Foremost specializes in seasonal home insurance. It's a smart choice to go with Foremost, with over 60 years of experience. That's why we are here to tell you that a Foremost seasonal home policy can cover you so you can continue to get away.
|What If?||Other Companies/Policy with Minimal Coverage||Foremost Seasonal Home Policy|
|What if I want to get a separate insurance company to cover my seasonal home?||Most insurance companies require that you insure your primary residence with them also.||Foremost doesn't require that your primary residence be insured with us in order to insure your seasonal property.|
|What if I want to pick and choose my coverages?||You may have to fit into whatever policy the other insurance company has.||Foremost offers flexibility with you in mind. You can choose to design your own policy or choose one of our packages.|
|What if I usually don't qualify for "standard" or "preferred" insurance?||Chances are you won't be able to insure your seasonal home with many insurance companies.||Foremost offers coverage for homes that may not qualify elsewhere.|
Get a Quote
You can count on the experienced, friendly staff at Western Star Insurance to help you with your insurance purchase. We're looking forward to serving you. Request a no-obligation estimate.
Get a quote by phone
Please call us toll-free at 1-800-545-8608.
Our hours are:
Monday–Friday, 8am to 8pm, EST
Get a quote by email
Prefer to contact us by email? Send us your questions or information.
Availability: Foremost Seasonal Home program is offered in many, but not all states at this time. Programs and coverages can vary among states. To qualify for coverage, homes must meet state-specific eligibility guidelines. Please contact us to receive full details.
About the coverages described on this site: Your insurance contract is contained only in your policy, not in this website. Your insurance protection may vary from the coverages described here, depending on the standard coverages included in your policy and the optional coverages you purchase. Credit is used in most states for underwriting or rating as allowed by state law.
*Coverage may not be available in all areas.
What we insure
Road and Travel
- Motor Home
- Travel Trailer
- Luxury Motor Coach
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicle