Travel Trailer Insurance
Do you tow your travel trailer along with you to the grocery store and back? Probably not. Then why would you insure your rig with a policy meant for an everyday automobile?
Don't let your adventure be interrupted with worry. Your auto or homeowners policy may not adequately cover your travel trailer and surrounding belongings. Let us help you choose the Foremost policy you want for your travel trailer, so you can go out and enjoy the outdoors.
Foremost has you covered:
- Comprehensive Coverage. This is included with Foremost's travel trailer policies and is not automatically included in your typical auto policy. This provides protection from just about any direct, sudden, and accidental loss, including: collision, fire, smoke, floods, landslides, hail, windstorms, animals, vandalism, low branches or overhangs, theft and lightning. We also include Coverage for Attached Accessories, including awnings, satellite dishes, TV antennas and more.
Some coverages are optional and subject to company approval or may not be available in all states.
- Total Loss Replacement Coverage. This option can save you literally thousands of dollars when compared to typical auto policies, which pay only the Actual Cash Value of your trailer travel at the time it's destroyed. Foremost coverage protects from the effects of depreciation. If your new-model travel trailer is destroyed within its first five model years, and you're the original owner, Foremost will pay to replace it with a brand new one of similar kind and quality. In years six through ten, Foremost can provide you up to what you originally paid for it toward the purchase of another travel trailer.
- Emergency Expenses Coverage. Pays for lodging or travel home if your rig is damaged or destroyed by a covered loss more than 50 miles from home.
- Replacement Cost Coverage for Personal Property. More than a typical auto or homeowners policy, this covers your personal belongings that are destroyed or stolen.
- Towing and Roadside Assistance from TraveLine® eliminates the hassle of buying a separate towing plan. Towing, jump starts, roadside service, flat tire changes, fuel delivery, and locksmith service are just a toll-free phone call away. There are no out-of-pocket payments required, either. Just sign and drive. What's more, your travel trailer and your tow vehicle are covered, regardless of who is driving!
- Campsite/Vacation Liability Coverage. Provides liability coverage when you are parked and using your travel trailer as a residence, typically seasonally or weeks at a time.
- Full-Timer Coverage. This is a coverage very similar to a homeowners policy. This option also covers you when you are parked and using your travel trailer as a residence, typically for extended periods of time.
- Stationary Travel Trailer Program. This option gives you extensive comprehensive and contents coverage if you use your travel trailer as a seasonal or permanent residence. This includes liability coverage that covers liability, medical payments to others and property damage claims caused by an accident for which you are held liable. This program provides you with additional protection since your auto or homeowners policies may not extend coverage to you.
Does Foremost insure you?
A Foremost policy covers an extensive range of travel trailers including older, newer, and different makes and models. Let Western Star help you choose the Foremost coverages you want for your rig.
Foremost offers flexible payment plans, including pay online, by mail or electronic funds transfer. Keep in mind that higher deductibles can help lower the cost of your premium.
Trusting your rig to an auto policy or your personal belongings on the road to a homeowners policy may bring you an unpleasant surprise at claim time. That's why we are here to tell you that a Foremost travel trailer policy, beyond your auto or homeowners policy, can cover you so the journey can continue.
|What If?||Added to your
|Foremost Travel Trailer Policy|
|What if something is stolen from my travel trailer, such as jewelry, DVD player, or clothing?||Typically, they are not going to cover these personal belongings. Homeowners policies typically place strict limits on off-premises coverage and require a sizable deductible to be paid first.||Foremost provides optional comprehensive coverage for personal belongings and in most cases doesn't require a deductible. This way you can take your valuables with you on the road and be covered.|
|What if someone gets hurt on my campsite that I have rented for the summer?||You may be paying the medical bills! This can get extremely pricey.||With a Foremost policy, optional Liability coverage may pay these medical bills, leaving you debt free to enjoy more.|
|What if my travel trailer breaks down and I am stranded?||A typical auto policy may not pay for housing or extra travel expenses, while you are waiting or to get you home.||A Foremost policy offers outstanding emergency expense coverage. Foremost will pay for temporary housing and travel expenses to get you home. Foremost will even pay to transport your damaged travel trailer to your home, a repair center, or a storage facility.|
|What if my awning and satellite dish blows off during a storm?||You would wave goodbye to them as they blow away. An auto policy would not typically cover this sort of loss.||This coverage is included in every Foremost travel trailer policy. Your awning and satellite dish could be back in no time.|
Get a Quote
You can count on the experienced, friendly staff at Western Star Insurance to help you with your insurance purchase. We're looking forward to serving you. Request a no-obligation estimate.
Get a quote by phone
Please call us toll-free at 1-800-545-8608.
Our hours are:
Monday–Friday, 8am to 8pm, EST
Get an online quote
Complete and submit an online form for a no-obligation insurance premium estimate.
Availability: Foremost Travel Trailer policies are available only in the United States and in all states except Hawaii and the District of Columbia. Please note that coverages and coverage amounts vary by state and all coverages may not be available in all areas.
About the coverages described on this site: Your insurance contract is contained only in your policy, not in this website. Your insurance protection may vary from the coverages described here, depending on the standard coverages included in your policy and the optional coverages you purchase. Credit may be used in some states for underwriting as allowed by state law.
*Coverage may not be available in all areas.
What we insure
Road and Travel
- Motor Home
- Travel Trailer
- Luxury Motor Coach
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicle